Native Hawaiian Tree Give Away
2023 ARBOR DAY
FREE TREE GIVE AWAY
NOVEMBER 4th, 9am TO 2pm
How to get your free tree
This year everyone may walk in and select a tree, one per person, any age. There will be a wide selection of trees available this year so please come early, and take advantage of the extensive signage, handouts, and advice from the Maui Master Gardeners to select a tree that will grow well in your area. The full tree list and growing information can be found HERE starting one week before the event.
We will not be accepting online reservations for trees at this event. However, we will have more than twice the number of trees available compared to previous years.
Need Advice On Selection?
At the event, the Maui Master Gardeners and MNBG plant experts will be at the tree giveaway area with plenty of experienced growers to help you choose a free plant that will grow well in your area and suit your requirements for size and spread.
- ‘A‘ali‘i (Dodonaea viscosa)
- Alahe’e (Psydrax odorata)
- Hala pepe (Dracaena auwahiensis)
- Ho'awa Pittosporum hosmeri
- 'Iliahialo'e Santalum ellipticum
- ʻIlima (Sida fallax)
- Kamani (Calophyllum inophyllum)
- Koa (Acacia koa)
- Koai‘a (Acacia koaia)
- Koki‘o ‘ula‘ula (Hibiscus clayi)
- Koki‘o ‘ula‘ula (Hibiscus kokio subsp. kokio)
- Koki‘o ‘ula‘ula (Hibiscus kokio subsp. saintjohnnianus)
- Koki‘o ke‘o ke‘o (Hibiscus arnottianus subsp. arnottianus)
- Koki‘o ke‘o ke‘o (Hibiscus arnottianus subsp. immaculatus)
- Kukui (Aleurites moluccana)
- Loulu (Pritchardia hillebrandii)
- Maʻo (Gossypium tomentosum)
- ʻOhe mauka (Polyscias oahuensis)
- ʻŌhiʻa ʻai (Syzygium malaccense)
- ‘Ōhia lehua (Metrosideros polymorpha)
- 'Uala (Ipomoea batatas)
- 'Uki 'Uki (Dianella sandwicensis)
- Wiliwili (Erythrina sandwicensis)